Thursday, July 31, 2008

Splitting a series = Kissing your sister

Like they say about hockey ties, splitting a series is like kissing your sister. Especially after a hard fought game last night, to come out and lay an egg like that sucks. Battled a little, but Rapada didn't give us a chance. The Indians announcers pointed out that Farnsworth was not available yet and questioned why - good question. I hope he had a good excuse for not jumping right in to help.

No Manny trade, in other non-news. In news-news, Griffey, Jr. to the White Sox. Should make the little Chicago baseball extravaganza Andy and I will be on next week a little more fun.

Update: Kissing your sister is unsatisfying. You do the math.

Update 2: Yes Manny trade. Haven't read about it in depth. Will react tomorrow. Or tonight. I am sure you will be on the edge of your seat(s)...

1 comment:

Andy said...

I don't really have any good analysis on the Manny trade. But I remember the Red Sox dumped Nomar right before they went on a hot streak before they won the World Series in 2004. Maybe the same thing will happen again this year. Not that I really want Boston to do well. I pretty much hate or at least dislike every other AL team besides the Tigers. And as for the NL, I don't even know. It's like a slightly foreign country where most things are the same, but a few things are different. The NL is like Canada.